Balanced Lifestyles Counselling in Prague
Svetlana Coalson, MSc (Hons), MA (Hons)
THE NEXT STEP:
To make an appointment
or ask for additional information please call Svetlana Coalson
+420 724 175 208
send an e-mail to
click on the icon below
Psychotherapy Education and Advanced Training
- MSc (Honors) in Medical and Health Sciences (Psychotherapy), School of Health and Related Research (SCHARR), University of Sheffield, UK.
- Psychotherapy training in psychodynamic psychotherapy (accredited for health care by the Psychotherapy Section of the Czech Medical Association, 4 year training), Czech Republic.
- MA program in Psychoanalytic Studies, ABD (SCHARR, University of Sheffield, UK)
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy: RLT, Level 1 certification, (National Association of Cognitive Behavior Therapists (NACBT), USA
- Couples Therapy Training Consultation Group (Bader/Pearson Developmental Model, Level 2 training), The Couples Institute, California, USA.
- Couples Therapy Training Program and Supervision (Bader/Pearson Developmental Model), The Couples Institute, California, (accredited for psychologists, MFT’s, LCSW's), USA.
- Marital Therapy training for Clinicians, The Gottman Institute, (APA accredited) USA.
- Couples therapy for infertility (APA,NBC, NASW accredited, Ackerman Institute, USA)
- Social work specialized in applied psychotherapy, Prague Institute of Psychosocial Studies.
- Crisis and Disaster Mental Health Intervention Training (International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF)), USA.
- Neuroscience of psychotherapy. CE training with Lou Cozolino, APA, NBC, NASW accredited (USA)
- Comorbid Depression and Anxiety (Strategic Therapy Training with Michael Yapko)
- Assessment and Treatment fo Anxiety (CE Training, USA)
- Neurobiology of Anxiety, Depression and Traumatic Stress: New Devellopments and Treatment Implications (CE Training with J. Preston. USA)
- Advances in ADHD: Theory, Diagnosis and Management (CE Training with R.Barkley, USA)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy , (APA, ACA accredited), ICEEFT, Canada.
- Internal Family Systems model case consultation group with R.Schwartz ( The Center for Self Leadership, USA)
- Personal Existential Analysis: theoretical assumptions, diagnostic methods, practical application, (PVSPS), Czech Republic
- Narrative therapy CE Training (M.White's clinical approach). CE accredited by APA, NBC, NASW (USA)
- Logotherapy: structural methods and logodiagnostic methods. (PVSPS), Czech Republic
- Gestalt approach: individual therapy, (PVSPS), Czech Republic.
- Gestalt approach: therapy with children, (PVSPS), Czech Republic.
- Gestalt approach: family therapy, (PVSPS), Czech Republic.
- Conflict management and facilitation of communication (University of Sheffield, UK).
- Trauma and PTSD (CE courses, APA and NBCC approved, USA, UK) .
- Terminal illness, death, and bereavement issues (Cesta Domu hospis), Czech Republic
- Rehabilitation center for mental-health patients (supervised inernship).
- Ongoing clinical supervision with a CIS accredited supervisor.
Complete list of training programs, transcripts and certificates are available on request
Svetlana O. Coalson, MA (Hons), PG Dip, was educated at St. Petersburg State Academy of Culture (Russia), Cornell University (USA), and University of Sheffield (UK).
She was born in 1964 in St.Petersburg. She left Russia to attend a postgraduate program in literature at Cornell University. Before training as a qualified psychotherapist she taught languages, literature and communication courses at Cornell and other programs, worked as a researcher, producer and a freelance journalist. In 1992 she returned to Russia to work as a manager of the Moscow Bureau of Newsweek.
Her work in Russia in the early and mid 1990's regularly put her in contact with people in challenging, highly stressful, often critical situations. This guided her deepening interest in clinical psychology and mental health, with an emphasis on coping and resilience, and eventually led to a shift in her career as she pursued professional education and training in psychotherapy.
Svetlana has lived and worked in the USA, Russia, France, and in the Czech Republic, where she now holds permanent residency. Her broad intercultural background provided her with an in-depth knowledge and appreciation of cultural diversity, but also with a first-hand experience of the difficulties and frustrations associated with being an expatriate. She has a multicultural family and a bilingual daughter.
You've got to jump off cliffs all the time
And build your wings on the way down.
Copyright © 2010, Balanced Lifestyles Counselling Prague Webdesign S. Coalson
professional confidential ethical friendly