This page was last updated: February 13, 2011
THE NEXT STEP:
To make an appointment
or ask for additional information please call Svetlana Coalson
+420 724 175 208
send an e-mail to
click on the icon below
Welcome to the website of
Balanced Lifestyles Counselling Prague -
professional English-language counselling
practice in the Czech Republic!
Balanced Lifestyles Counselling Prague is a friendly and confidential private practice,
to provide adult and adolescent expatriate clients with professional and ethical
individual, marriage and couples counselling in Prague in English.
Balanced Lifestyles Counselling in Prague offers professional help with:
- Anxiety, depression, acute stress, trauma and other sources of psychological suffering.
- Relationship problems: loss of an important relationship; consistent pattern of unsuccessful relationships; commitment-related issues; jealousy and trust issues.
- Marital crises: understanding and communication issues; being caught in a cycle of hostility, anger, fighting, verbal, emotional or physical abuse - or an equally traumatic and destructive pattern of conflict avoidance and emotional withdrawal; affairs and infidelity; psychological origin of sexual difficulties; impact of online behaviors.
- Separation and divorce: couples on the brink.
- Parenting challenges and parenting style disagreements, cultural differences in intercultural relationships.
- Unresolved family of origin issues: problems with parents, siblings, other important figures in your life.
- Infertility-related trauma.
- Loss, grief and bereavement.
- Major life-crisis concerns: "midlife crisis", employment-related crises, feeling uprooted, alienated and helpless in a strange culture.
- Identity issues; guilt- and shame-related suffering; reduced self-confidence; inability to be assertive and stand up for oneself; fear of conflict; inability to make decisions; feeling trapped in a particular predicament.
- Special emphasis on the so-called existential concerns: feeling empty; loss of sense of self; loss of hope and meaning, lacking direction in life, acute feelings of loneliness and isolation; death-related anxiety.
- Assistance in mediation and interpersonal-conflict management in situations where communication is essential for resolving vitally important issues, yet - for whatever reasons - the parties are unable to communicate successfully.
Enthusiastic about her work and its potential for relieving distress,
Svetlana combines sincere concern for her clients' well-being
with an open and friendly style of working.
She offers her clients a safe, empathetic, and nonjudgmental setting
to support them during times of troubleand uncertainty,
as well as professional psychological assistance in dealing with their predicaments
and exploring possibilities for living a more satisfying life.
Balanced Lifestyles Counselling in Prague is a psychological counselling practice,
not a medical or psychiatric clinic. However, Svetlana can refer you to a psychopharmacologist,
psychiatrist or general medical practitioner for assessment or in cases
where medication might be recommended in addition to psychological help.
Or she can help you find a psychotherapist with the specific expertise that you might need.
We don't see things the way they are.
We see things the way we are.
Copyright © 2010, Balanced Lifestyles Counselling Prague Webdesign S. Coalson
professional confidential ethical friendly