When you call or write to make an appointment, you may choose to describe briefly the concern that makes you seek counselling. This could help preliminarily determine if your problem lies within my area of expertise. If so, an exact time for an appointment will be agreed. You may prefer to wait until a face-to-face meeting to discuss the concerns that bring you to counselling. In the first session you will probably do most of the talking, with me asking for information and clarifications to get a sense of your personal circumstances and of what concerns you most. You may feel a bit nervous, as it may be hard to talk to someone you don't know about personal matters. Unfortunately, embarrassment and fear often keep people from seeking the help they may need. I'll try do my best to make you feel as comfortable and safe as possible. Once the initial tension fades, you may discover that talking to a "stranger" is, in fact, easier:
- I am not directly involved in your life, and have no need to take sides; therefore I can approach your concerns more objectively.
- Therapists/ counsellors are under a professional obligation to keep all information, including the fact that you are/were attending therapy, confidential (see my confidentiality policy in FAQ section of this website).
- I will listen attentively to everything you say, no matter how small or unimportant the matters may seem to others.
- I have the education, training, and experience necessary to provide you with a professionally informed perspective into your suffering. The therapeutic relationship is built on empathy and respect toward every client as an individual.
You may be concerned that you may have difficulty clearly formulating what it is that worries you. This is very often the case. In fact, people often turn to counselling precisely in order to define what their problem is. If you are under stress, depressed, or anxious, thinking clearly and rationally about the causes of your suffering may be difficult. But defining the problem is usually the beginning of the solution.
Sometimes people come to therapy because others tell them that they have a problem, but they aren't sure what they mean. If you have difficulties clearly explaining what it is that bothers you, I would ask you questions and together we should be able to develop a better understanding of the roots of your concern.
At the end of the first session you may choose to schedule your next appointment or you may take time and think it over at home. If you decide to continue, you can always schedule your next appointment by e-mail or by phone.
Counselling may be covered in full or in part by some foreign employee benefit plans. Balanced Lifestyles Counselling in Prague does not have direct billing agreements with insurance companies, but you can submit your statement to your company for reimbursement. However, coverage varies widely, so I recommend that you check with your provider to see what services your policy includes. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have counselling benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- Does my plan cover for an out-of-network counselling ?
- What is the coverage amount per counselling session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician or a psychiatrist?
NB! Unfortunately Balanced Lifestyles Counselling Prague services are not covered
by Czech health insurance policies.
I would appreciate it if you could let me know as far in advance as possible of any changes. However you do not have to pay for a missed appointment if you give me at least six hours notice.
If however you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified me at least six hours in advance, you will be asked to pay the full cost of the session as booked.
How much does it cost?
Each therapy or counselling session usually lasts 50-55 minutes.
The fee is 1,000 KC for all appointments during regular working hours.
THE NEXT STEP:
To make an appointment
or ask for additional information please call Svetlana Coalson
+420 724 175 208
send an e-mail to
click on the icon below
Balanced Lifestyles Counselling in Prague
Your First Appointment - What to Expect
I postpone death by living, by suffering,
by error, by risking, by loosing...
Copyright © 2010, Balanced Lifestyles Counselling Prague Webdesign S. Coalson
professional confidential ethical friendly